Welcome to the very first edition of the Graduate School news bulletin! This monthly newsletter will keep you up to date with what’s happening in the Graduate School, upcoming workshops, special events, and important deadlines.
Graduate School Dean’s Office News
We would like to extend a special welcome to Ms. Bethany Chroniger, the Graduate School’s Administrative Assistant who started at the end of October. Bethany is the go-to person for academic forms (G-Prefix, Transfer Credit, Dean’s Conference Travel, etc.). She may be reached at 856-225-6971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Graduate School now has extended office hours on Wednesday evenings throughout the semester until 6PM. If you have questions or need to drop off any forms, please stop by the Arts and Sciences Dean’s Office, Armitage Hall 3rd Floor.
Who Are We?
Read more about us, Who’s Who in the Graduate School.
Learn about the graduation application process, required documents, and university thesis/dissertation style guidelines.
- Tuesday, February 11 4:30-5:30 PM, Armitage Hall 3rd Floor Faculty Lounge (RSVP)
- Wednesday, May 5, 4:30-5:30PM, Armitage Hall 3rd Floor Faculty Lounge(RSVP)
Thesis and Dissertation Style Guidelines
A review of the University style guidelines for thesis and dissertation submissions.
- Tuesday, April 8, 4:30-5:30PM, Armitage Hall 3rd Floor Faculty Lounge (RSVP)
- Wednesday, April 22, 4:30-5:30PM, Armitage Hall 3rd Floor Faculty Lounge (RSVP)
May Graduation Deadlines and Commencement
- The Online Diploma Application must be submitted by Monday, March 31. No exceptions!
- Application for Admission to Candidacy for Degree and dissertation submissions are due by Monday, May 5 (dissertation style guide).
- All other graduates must submit their Application for Admission to Candidacy for Degree and thesis (if applicable) by Friday, May 9 (thesis style guide).
- A Graduation Checklist is available on our website, http://graduateschool.camden.rutgers.edu/graduation/.
- Arts and Sciences Commencement will take place on Thursday, May 22 at 6PM at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden.
Graduate Advisory Council
The Graduate School is looking for new members this spring. If you enjoy meeting new people, having an input on policies and decisions, developing your leadership potential, and sharing your experiences as a graduate student, we invite you to learn more and apply to join the Graduate School Advisory Council. Please apply by Monday, February 17. The first spring meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 26.
Our Graduate Funding page lists links to funding opportunities and scholarships.
Of special note, the Eagleton Institute of Politics fellowship application deadline is March 28.
Graduate School Policies/Academic Forms
Be sure to familiarize yourself with graduate school policies regarding courses.
Forms are available on our website here.
- G-Prefix: If you are taking an undergraduate course for graduate credit, you must receive approval.
- Transient Credit: If you are taking a course outside of School 56 (Graduate School-Camden), you must receive approval.
2/13 3PM: Chancellor’s Faculty Research Day
2/19 9AM: The Chancellor’s Signature Series Symposia on URBAN POVERTY and INEQUALITY
Symposium II – “Poverty, Race and Educational Inequality: Implications for Policy and Practice”
3/5 11AM-2PM Public Service Job Fair
English Graduate Student Association Conference Call for Proposals
Submissions for the Rutgers-Camden 2014 Student Led Academic Conference are now open. Our theme this year is “Reactions, Revolutions and Revisions,” and we invite work from all disciplines. Please send all proposals to email@example.com. We look forward to reading your work. The submission deadline is March 10.
If you have upcoming department events or news you would like included in future newsletters, please email Amy Liberi, Graduate Student Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.