The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences is looking to hire a part-time student assistant to serve as a recruiter, graduate student liaison, and event assistant. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their experience as a graduate student at Rutgers University-Camden and wants to connect with current and future students and share his/her experiences and knowledge. The assistant reports to the Graduate School Assistant Dean.
Duties and Responsibilities
The chosen candidate will report to Assistant Dean Amy Liberi and will work up to 15 hours per week for the fall and spring semesters.
- Attend graduate school fairs at regional colleges and universities
- Speak with prospective students regarding graduate school programs
- Follow-up with students via email
- Assist with content for email and print marketing materials
- Serve as a liaison/concierge for current and prospective students, answering questions both over the phone and via email
- Act as an event assistant for Spring Admitted Students Day, Research Week, student success workshops, and other Graduate School events
- Other duties as assigned
- Open to Graduate School students in School 56
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be available for travel 1-2 days per week from late September to early November and have reliable transportation to and from the fairs at other universities
- Professional experience in sales, marketing, or public speaking
The Student Assistant is an hourly position. The student will work up to fifteen hours per week for the fall and spring semesters and will be paid at the rate of $15/hour. Current TA/GA’s are not eligible to apply.
Submit the online application, professional reference contract information, letter of interest, and resume. The deadline for consideration is Friday, September 9th at 9:00am.
Applications are now closed. We are currently reviewing submissions and will be in touch soon.