If you enjoy meeting new people, offering input on policies and decisions, serving on university committees, developing your leadership potential, and sharing your experiences as a graduate student, we invite you to apply to join the Graduate School Advisory Council at Rutgers-Camden.
The Advisory Council was formed in 2012 as a way for the Associate Dean and Assistant Dean of the Graduate School to meet with current students representing our graduate programs. The purpose of the council is to listen to student ideas and concerns and to strive to continuously improve the graduate student experience at Rutgers-Camden.
This year, the council will be meeting remotely and focusing on these areas: Student Experience, Community Building, and Strategic Planning
This select group of graduate students will:
- Serve as an advisory group to the Graduate School administration
- Openly and honestly share experiences and those of classmates and contribute suggestions for programming or policies
- Attend monthly virtual meetings
To apply, students must:
- Be currently enrolled at least half-time (six-credits or more) in a graduate degree program at Rutgers-Camden (full-time students preferred).
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exhibit a high-level of maturity, energy, professionalism and flexibility
- Possess a genuine passion and enthusiasm for Rutgers-Camden