Graduate School Assistant
Graduate Assistantship, 15 Hours per week
Fall 2017-Spring 2018, 1 Academic Year Appointment Only
The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences is looking to hire a graduate school assistant. We are looking for someone who is passionate about his or her experience as a graduate student at Rutgers University-Camden and is interested in learning more about working in the administrative side of higher education. The ideal candidate is an advanced doctoral student or second year masters student with strong written communication skills, analytical ability, and data and research experience. The assistant reports to the Graduate School Assistant Dean.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze graduate school data and produce reports
- Research best practices for graduate student experiences and provide ideas for realistic implementation at the Graduate School-Camden.
- Develop resources for connecting students with grant and scholarship opportunities, liaising with campus offices in Camden and New Brunswick
- Assist Graduate School staff with student development programming and graduate student events such as Orientation, Open House, Research Week, etc.
- Assist with creating website content relevant to current and prospective students
- Attend graduate school fairs at regional colleges and universities
- Open to Graduate School students in School 56
- Ideal candidate will be an advanced doctoral student or second year master’s student
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication, analytical, and research skills
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with a diverse group.
- Must be available for regional travel 1-2 days per week from late September to early November and have reliable transportation to and from the fairs at other universities
- Reliable transportation preferred
This position is an academic year Graduate Assistantship. The salary is set by the University at $25,969 and benefits include tuition remission and employee health insurance. The chosen candidate must be a full-time graduate student. Current TA/GA’s are not eligible to apply.
Submit the online application, professional reference contract information, letter of interest, and resume. The deadline for consideration is Friday, June 30, 2017 at 4 pm.