The MS program in Data Science will provide graduates with a strong background in statistical methodologies, data visualization, technical project management and agile practices. Graduates from the program will:
- Master programming languages (R/R studio and Python), as well as in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and database query languages (e.g., SQL).
- Become data storytellers by learning how to assimilate and present information in a compelling manner in writing, orally, or visually, thereby allowing for the transformation of data into actionable information and insights.
- Engage real-world problems through labs, as well as industry partnerships, practicums and internships with major organizations and agencies in the Philadelphia/South Jersey metropolitan corridor.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be well positioned to find employment in the growing data science and analytics industry.
- Official transcripts showing a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- GRE scores (not required for spring and fall 2023 applicants)
- At least two letters of recommendation, preferably from academic references
- Personal statement (maximum two pages) about academic interests and career goals
- For applicants whose native language is not English, official TOEFL score report
- Spring – November 1
- Fall – March 1
*We are still reviewing and accepting applications for the Fall 2023 term. Apply by April 17th.
The curriculum consists of 30 credits including 12 credits from four required core courses, 3 credits from lab courses (1 credit each), 9 credits from elective courses (one 3 credit course from each domain area; see below), 3 credits of practicum or internship, and 3 credits of independent study or a capstone project.
All core courses will be taught using the Python programming language.
Contact the Department
Dr. Haydee Herrera-Guzman