The master of public administration is a professional 42-credit graduate program designed to prepare students for managerial and other careers in the government and nonprofit sectors. Graduates are working in national, state and local government offices, including: the NJ Dept. of Labor, Dept. of Human Services and the Treasury; in the US Dept. of Transportation, Dept. of Human Services, and Depts. of Housing and Urban Development; in the Camden School District and Municipal Governments in the state; and at the United Way and other NGO’s.
The Rutgers–Camden MPA program offers spring and fall admissions, an established curriculum, small classes, expert advising and mentoring, and the opportunity to work closely with our distinguished faculty.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited undergraduate school
- Official transcripts showing all coursework from undergraduate and graduate schools
- GRE scores. Testing waived for applicants holding a graduate degree, for B.A./M.P.A. applicants, and for applicants with 3+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement regarding the applicant’s personal and professional goals and experience
- A current resumé
The M.P.A. program provides professional competencies in public administration and gives students a broad understanding of both theory and current issues. Students become competent at defining public problems, developing and communicating creative solutions, and implementing ethical and practical courses of action. All M.P.A. students complete a set of core knowledge courses; a set of required and elective courses.
- Public Management
- Community Development
- Policy Focus: Education, International Public Service and Development
The M.P.A. is a NASPAA Accredited program.
Coverdell Fellowship (MPA)
Coverdell Fellowships are awarded annually on a competitive basis to RPCV’s who wish to pursue the Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree at Rutgers-Camden. Additional information can be found at dppa.camden.rutgers.edu/coverdell-fellowships-for-returning-peace-corp-volunteers/.
Contact the Department
Dr. Angie McGuire