Please note: Submission of any form does not automatically signify approval. Official approval is not granted until signatures are obtained from the Graduate Director and Associate Dean of the Graduate School. Students will be notified by the Graduate School Office via email once the form is officially approved.

Change of Status

Non-matriculated students may take up to 12 credits before applying for matriculation.  Students currently registered in the Graduate School at Rutgers-Camden as non-matriculated students who wish to change their status to matriculated must complete this form. This form requires approval of your graduate director and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School.

Degree Time Limit Extension

Students are expected to complete their degree within the time frame listed in the Graduate Catalog. Students wishing to apply for an extension must fill out the Degree Time Limit Extension Application. This form requires approval of your graduate director and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School.

If a PhD, post-qualifying student needs to extend their degree time limit, they must complete the PhD (Post-Qualifying) Degree Time Limit Extension form. This form requires approval of your dissertation committee chair, graduate director and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School.

G-Prefix Approval

Undergraduate students enrolled in an accelerated degree program may enroll in graduate level course. Students must submit the Accelerated Degree GPrefix Approval form in order to ensure that they receive double credit for their courses. Independent Study courses are not included under this policy. Approval must be gained prior to the semester in which the student enrolls in the course.  

Graduate students may enroll in up to two upper level (300 or 400 level) undergraduate courses for graduate credit with the approval of the course instructor, graduate program director and Associate Dean of the Graduate School by submitting the Graduate GPrefix Approval Form.  Approval must be gained prior to the semester in which the student enrolls in the course.  


All graduation information including policies, required forms, and deadlines are listed on the Graduation page.

Health Insurance Enrollment/Waiver

Full-time students are required to have health insurance. If students already have health insurance, the student health insurance may be waived each semester. Also, part-time students are eligible, but are not required, to enroll in student health insurance. Deadlines and additional information regarding student health insurance for domestic students may be found on the health insurance page.

Part-time students who are in their last semester and have had full-time student health benefits the semester previously may take advantage of the PT considered FT option for student health insurance. They will need to complete and submit the Less than FT Final Semester form found at:  

Health insurance information for international students may be found on the health plans page and the global services page.

If a full-time student does not waive their health insurance by the specified deadline each semester, they will be automatically enrolled for student health insurance and be billed for the semester.

Immunization Form

Completed Pre-Entrance Immunization Record is due by July 15 for students entering in the Fall Semester and January 5 for those entering in the Spring Semester.

Incomplete Grade Extension

Incomplete courses must be completed within one year. An extension will only be granted in extenuating circumstances and students must apply for an extension by completing this form. This form requires approval of your instructor, graduate director and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School.

Internal Transient Credit

Courses that have been taken at school 56 (Graduate School-Camden) do not have to be transferred between programs. If a student begins a new program and would like to note the application of a previous Graduate School program’s credits toward their new program, they only need to make a formal note of this decision with the use of this form. Example: a student began as a master’s in Chemistry in student, and then began a PhD program in CCIB. This student would use this form to note the application of credits from the master’s program to the PhD program.

Prerequisite Override

In circumstances where the student has not had the pre-requisite course(s) for a course that they wish to register for, the student will require a Pre-requisite Override Form. The form must be completed, signed by the appropriate academic administrators, and returned to the Registrar before the student may register for the course.   Pre-requisite override forms may be required for registration for a variety of reasons: the student took the pre-requisite course at another college of Rutgers; had a significant break in attendance such that course numbers may have changed in the system; had equivalent academic experience that does not align exactly with the pre-requisite course numbers; or other circumstances.  Pre-requisite overrides are granted at the discretion of the academic administrators involved and are not guaranteed. 

Please note that students registering for courses at another college of Rutgers may require a pre-requisite override from the college of the course for which they are registering, and not from the college in which they are resident.

PhD Exam Certification Form

Dissertation Committee Chairs or PhD students at Rutgers University-Camden must complete this certification request to produce the necessary certification paperwork. At the conclusion of the qualifying examination/proposal/defense (depending on subject area), voting members of the committee should sign the Certificate of Result, indicating pass, failure, or deferred decision, and the chair should return it to the departmental office.  A copy of the Certificate of Result should be sent to the Office of the Dean of the Graduate School.  If the committee defers its decision, a new Certificate of Result will then be completed when a final decision is reached.  Students should not be given the Certificate of Result.  All decisions to pass must be unanimous. Dissertation defense (final) must be held within 3 years of the dissertation proposal (preliminary). 

PhD Student (ABD) Full-Time Certification

PhD (ABD) students who are fully engaged in graduate study beyond required course work, registered for fewer than 9 credits of required research (dissertation) hours, and need full-time status, may apply for Full-Time Certification. Students must have passed their qualifying/preliminary examination before applying for the full-time certification. This form requires approval of your dissertation committee chair, graduate director and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School.

Program Transfer

Registered students wishing to transfer from one program to another within the Graduate School (School 56) must fill out a Program Transfer Form. This form requires approval of your current graduate director, your future graduate director and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School.


Students are expected to be registered continuously in the Graduate School (through coursework or matriculation-continued).  If you have taken any semesters off (not including the summer semester), you must apply for re-enrollment.  This form requires approval of your graduate director and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School.

  • Re-enrollment Form [DocuSign Form]
  • Semester of Desired Re-enrollment Application Start Date Application End Date
    Spring 2023 Monday, November 28 Friday, January 13
    Fall 2022 Monday, April 11  Friday, August 26
Registration Block Override

This form is issued by the Graduate School Office and is to be submitted to the Office of the Registrar in order to register a student for coursework while they have an academic hold on their record. This form requires approval of your graduate director and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School. Upon the completion of this form, students will be registered for the approved coursework.

Student Funding

Students who have failed to maintain the criteria for scholarship renewal may appeal using the Scholarship Appeal Form. Students must include a one-page statement that provides information about the extenuating circumstances (health,family, other) that affected your academic performance. and supporting documentation to the appeal form.

Transfer Credit

Graduate courses completed at other institutions may be accepted for credit at the university. Transfer credits refer to credits earned at another institution (including another graduate school within Rutgers University) before the student enrolls at Rutgers-Camden.  Please note that transfer and transient credits combined may not exceed one-third of the degree credits in the Graduate School-Camden.  This form requires approval of your graduate director and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School.

Transfer credits must meet the following criteria:

  1. Credits must be from formal graduate-level course work.
  2. Students need to have earned grades B or better in the courses to be considered. P, R, or S grades are eligible for transfer if equivalent to a grade of B or better and accompanied by a letter from the instructor of the course testifying to that equivalent.
  3. No credit may be transferred for thesis research work, independent study, or ungraded courses.
  4. Credit is not normally transferred for courses taken more than six years prior to the application for transfer of credit. Appeals for waiver of this time limit may be made to the Graduate Program Director, in writing, with a statement verifying the current level of the student’s information on the subject or that the course material is still current.
  5. Quarter credits will be converted to semester credits by reducing the total by 1/3 (e.g., 9 quarter credits = 6 semester credits).
  6. International transcripts must be evaluated by a credential evaluation organization in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A list of acceptable evaluation organizations may be found here:  

For those transferring credits from another Rutgers Program, please use the following form

Transient Credit

Graduate students at Rutgers University-Camden are expected to take all their coursework at the Graduate School at Rutgers-Camden, unless they receive special permission in advance.  Graduate courses completed at other institutions (including another graduate school within Rutgers University) while enrolled as a graduate student at Rutgers-Camden may be accepted for credit.  Transient credit has to be approved prior to the student enrolling in a course at another institution/school and should be granted only in exceptional circumstances. Lower tuition, scheduling convenience, or traveling distance are not sufficient cause for taking courses elsewhere. Transient credit will not be granted retroactively. Please note that the number of transient credits and transfer credits combined cannot exceed one-third of the total credits for graduation. This form requires approval of your graduate director and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School.

Professional Experience Credit

Graduate students at Rutgers-Camden, and, most commonly, EMPA students, may want to petition for credit through their professional experience. In situations like these, students may get the approval of their graduate director through the use of this form and an attached resume proving the relevance and depth of professional experience. This credit follows the guidelines of other transfer/transient credits, meaning that no more than 1/3 of the total degree requirements can be transferred in. This form requires approval from a graduate director, the graduate school administration, Associate Dean, and, finally, registrar.


Students wishing to withdraw from the semester must fill out and obtain approvals from their Financial Aid Officer, International Student Services Representative (if applicable), Graduate Director, and Associate Dean for the Graduate School. Please review all Refund Policy information on the Student Accounting page. Students must email the Registrar’s Office at to obtain the withdrawal paperwork.